Monday, March 31, 2008

The L Word

Showtime's 'The L Word' has caused many butt-squirming moments for me this season.

Bette and Tina broke up last season.
Tina was with a man.
Bette was with a woman.

But this season, they found their way back to each other and it's caused some very uncomfortable Sunday nights on my couch.

Caren has been visibly shaken by the storyline and I've done everything I can to keep her from seeing the tears in my eyes.

It was this line spoken by Bette as she broke up with Jodie to be with Tina that really hit home:

"There has been something missing for me. Something that is hard to define. And I have been desperately trying to create this thing... But I have been just flailing. And I realize now that you and I were never going to find it...Because I have it with someone else."

I wonder if Liz is watching it, too?

3 comments:

Weelo said...

i bet liz is watching it too and i bet her butt is squirming as well.
how could it not be sarah, really.
that much time in love with someone..
it doesn't just vanish.
i just finished watching last year's L word.
i don't have cable but my pals gave me the DVD..so now i know what's up with tina and bette...not that i didn't see it coming.
3 people i work with told me i needed to watch this show cuz i remind them of Shane.
am i that cool..? no
have i slept with 1,000 people? god no!
am i as good a friend as she is..? i hope so.
am i as messed up? i hope not.
but i do love her.
i would have to say that i love alice most of all.

Sarah said...

Hey ... I think Shane just might be more grounded and honest than anyone on that show. And I'm not sure you'll like Alice when you watch this season.

I have a friend who says I'm Joyce, the attorney.
NO WAY, I say.
I'm not manly.
I don't wear men's clothes.
I'm not a predator.

I was actually offended.

I'm Kit. Only not black.

Sarah said...

Shane's too skinny for me.
But she is a hottie.