Thursday, July 24, 2008

How hot is it?

This is when I hate this state.

It's so hot, I have to run at 7 a.m. and even then it takes 30 minutes to stop sweating once I finish.
It's so hot, my dog is going through 2 bowls of water a day ... and he's an inside dog.
It's so hot, my front yard is hard and crunchy and I don't care because it's too hot to stand out there and water.
It's so hot, when I come in the house after work I'm freezing and the temperature is 82 in the house.
It's so hot, I sleep under a ceiling fan, thermostat on 76 and a box fan.

I'd trade you July and August in Texas for three months in Rochester winter.

3 comments:

Weelo said...

I don't think i can make that trade sarah..
you know i'm a mail carrier right?
rather do the occassional snow drift than oppressive heat any day of the week.
how do they deliver the mail out there ???
it's hit the low 90's here and i felt like i was gonna die.
props to you for even running in the summer!

Sarah said...

I don't know how they do it. Sometimes it's just too damn hot to even walk to the end of the block with Zak. I imagine it's because of the heat, but my mail hottie (and he is) is parking his truck in front of my house (it's in the middle of the block) now and I don't see him doing that in the cool months. I'd give him a bottle of water if I could catch him bless his little blue shorts and great legs.

Mail Girl said...

love it!
on family feud the other night
the catagory was :
"the person women are most likely to have an affair with that comes to their home".
we beat out UPS and FedEx..along with neighbor, pool guy and several others.
on behalf of carriers everywhere,
thanks for at least thinking of the water!