Wednesday, September 10, 2008

I went on vacation and a hurricane broke out

Caren and I spent Labor Day weekend in New Orleans.

And so did hundreds of gay boys, LSU fans, the National Guard and Hurricane Gustav.

It turned into a working weekend. I went armed with a FlipVideo camera and a laptop and posted to our hurricane blog before the 'real' team showed up.

Strange being in the French Quarter with windows boarded up and the only sounds are coming from generators and a bad Journey cover band.

I did manage to have a little fun. Got my first lap dance at the Larry Flynnt Barely Legal club. Found where the Corps of Engineers were hurriedly dumping sand in HESCO sand baskets at the Industrial Canal (which breeched and flooded the Lower Ninth Ward). Was asked if I was interested in a three-way with this guy and Caren. 'No? Well, can I watch then?' Uh, no. Was told that if we didn't leave our hotel by 11 a.m. Sunday, we would be taken to an evacuation center. Slept in the New Orleans airport Saturday night.

The photo posted is of me standing on the HESCO baskets after begging the corp dude for a hard hat.

2 comments:

Weelo said...

You wild little storm chaser you!
As a rule of thumb always just say no to the three way!!!
you're so adventurous...
weelo

Sarah said...

Not so adventurous that I would say yes to a three way! Ewwwwww.