Wednesday, September 24, 2008

What a difference a year makes

This time last year, Liz and I were in Mexico hoping to reconcile. What we came away with was a realization that despite the unparalled love we have for one another, we couldn't bridge the differences and fears five years of separation had created.

It was a very tough lesson to learn. One that I still struggle with even to this day.

But what I have on this morning of my 53rd year, is the love and adoration of a beautiful and kind woman. A woman who understands that the memories of 13 years is hard to let go of yet believes that I will find a way to do exactly that.

The irony of it is the more she believes in me, the more she opens her arms and comforts me, the more she kisses my tears away, the more I do believe, the more I let go, the more I turn to her.

I love you, Caren. The pain of this past year lessens every day I spend with you.

1 comment:

Weelo said...

i can barely comment birthday girl..
what a beautiful picture..you look grounded and happy. peaceful.
your words are full of hard fought for and won wisdom and gratitude.
love and more love,
w