Friday, November 2, 2007

And now for some good news

So I'm now a homeowner. Or should I say, a mortgage holder.

It's a 1929 charmer. 2 bedrooms, 1 and a half baths. Nice front porch, two-tiered deck in the back. Garage that could easily be turned into a studio (but not anytime soon).

First thing is to make some repairs. Nothing major. The house has been rented for a couple of years and it hasn't been kept up with.

I'm taking the first couple of weeks off in December to move. Between closing (Nov. 20 or 27) and move in, I'm repainting the inside.

The kitchen will be redone slightly. Replacing the gray laminate countertops with black granite. Replacing the white appliaces with staineless steel. Taking out the ceramic tile, laying concrete and polishing a high glass black acid wash.

This is a huge first step to moving on.
Maybe this will be the place I find love again.
Maybe this will be the place where I finally learn that I can live happily without Liz.

1 comment:

Weelo said...

hi sarah,
congrats on your groovy new home!
please take photos ..before and after..love the sound of the kitchen upgrades.
what kind of studio are you talking
about in the garage???
love is gonna get you.
hold tight!
w