Monday, December 31, 2007

At last

So 2007 comes to end in just under 8 hours from now.

I started the year grieving the loss of a relationship, spent the middle part of the year dancing with Liz and will end it celebrating with someone who really wants to be with me.

I will make some resolutions this year. Didn't last year. Maybe that's what messed with my mojo, huh?

Resolution 1: Live in the now. Appreciate what I have, not what I don't have or what I've lost.
Resolution 2: Get the weight off. I have this white shirt and faded jeans I'd love to get into again.
Resolution 3: Forgive myself.
Resolution 4: Don't forget resolution 1.

Have a safe and happy New Year's Eve.

2 comments:

Weelo said...

AMEN!AMEN!AMEN SARAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
my friend colleen gave me a cd for christmas by patty larkin called Regrooving the Dream.

Here's what she writes in the liner notes:

"The characters in these songs (real and imagined)
are caught up in the warp
of change-the gap in the plan,
the twist of fate,
the lapse in judgment
that alters the course.
Life does not happen in a steady stream.
There are minutes or
days or years when
goals become murky
or disenchanting.
We are forced to
rethink things, to
muster our energy
and refocus our sights-
to regroove,
to start again-
to regroove the dream."

thought you might relate to that.

so happy new year dear sarah.
soak in the love that is around you
and inside you.

and in the immortal words of the fish ( dorrie) played by ellen degeneris in the movie Finding Nemo..
keep on swimming
keep on swimming
keep on swimming
keep on swimming

weelo

Sarah said...

You are so special, sweet Wendy.

Yes, I can relate to this and it is very affirming.

Thank you for your friendship.